Preventive Dental Services in Vancouver, WA
Preventive dentistry focuses on proactive steps dentists and patients can take to protect and improve their dental health. The aim is to find any potential problems before they develop into bigger ones. Patients contribute to preventive measures by practicing good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing regularly. Dentists perform routine checkups that look for problems on the horizon.
When a dentist identifies a potential issue, such as noting a small cavity on a dental X-ray, they can proactively treat the problem. A small filling now is a better alternative than a root canal next year because the tooth decay became more advanced.
We offer a range of preventive dental care options at our office in Vancouver. Our dentist, Dr. Constant Lu, believes beautiful smiles start with a long-term commitment to taking care of your teeth.
The Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Why should you consider preventive dentistry? The benefits of this approach include:
- Reducing your risk of developing severe oral issues, such as cavities and gum disease.
- Catching problems early can involve less expensive treatment options because the condition has not progressed.
- Promoting good hygiene habits.
- Giving the dentist an opportunity to discuss long-term concerns, such as chronic conditions like diabetes, that can lead to complications.
- Minimizing necessary treatment for problems such as cavities or TMJ.
Preventive Services Through Lighthouse Dental
Lighthouse Dental offers three primary preventive dental care services for our patients in Vancouver, WA:
Deep-cleaning your teeth can prevent the development of cavities and stop the spread of periodontal disease. Patients typically receive a teeth cleaning two to four times per year.
Regular dental exams alert Dr. Lu to any changes in your mouth so that we can reference the development and progression of conditions. We also perform oral cancer screenings during our exams.
Used frequently for children and adults, sealants are thin layers painted over the teeth to protect them from decay. This invisible shield blocks food and bacteria.
The Benefits of Working With Lighthouse Dental
If you need a preventive dentist in Vancouver, WA, consider Lighthouse Dental. Dr. Lu has run his own practice since 1995, and he understands the importance of providing proactive dental care. We build relationships with our patients so you can feel comfortable in our care. Other reasons to consider our services include:
- Focus on technology: We use state-of-the-art techniques for improved comfort and care outcomes.
- Personalized service: We treat each patient as an individual and discuss your options, making you part of the process.
- Friendly atmosphere: You can feel at ease in our laid-back office because we’re happy, and we love our jobs. And it shows.
Get in Touch With Our Preventive Family Dentist Today
Our Vancouver, WA, office is located off I-5, across from Kings Way Christian School. We hope to see you here soon. Call us at (360) 576-3570 to set up an appointment, or fill out our contact form to ask your questions. Our preventive care can preserve your teeth and keep them healthier for the future.
Book An Appointment
Contact Lighthouse Dental today for a brighter and healthier smile!
Hours of Operation
Mon: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thu-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm