SLEEP APNEA IS A DEVASTATING AND UNDETECTED DISORDER THAT AFFECTS MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
Sadly, as many as 90% of people go undiagnosed.
Many people suspect that they have sleep apnea, but don’t take action that could greatly improve – and even save – their lives.
The goal of any obstructive sleep apnea treatment is to clear and open the airway so that a person breathes easily.
SIMPLE SOLUTIONS INCLUDE:
– Using a different type of pillow to change the head position
– Sleeping on your side rather than your back
– Lowering body mass index with good diet and exercise
– Avoiding alcohol near bedtime
– Avoiding sedatives and muscle relaxants
MODERATE SOLUTIONS INCLUDE:
– Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices – a breathing mask that attaches to a machine that blows pressurized air into the throat, keeping the airway open. While effective, many people dislike wearing a mask and tubes while they sleep.
– Oral Appliance Therapy – a small custom-made mouthpiece that shifts the lower jaw forward to open up the airway. A variety of devices are available depending on the person’s needs. Many people prefer the oral appliance because it is small and unobtrusive. (Ask how Lighthouse Dental can assist with an oral appliance.)
SIGNIFICANT SOLUTIONS INCLUDE:
– Surgery to clear the airways by altering the nasal passages, pharynx, base of the tongue, jaw structure or facial structure.
Sleep apnea is a serious condition. Get started on your journey to better health.
LIGHTHOUSE DENTAL CAN HELP!
ASK US ABOUT ORAL APPLIANCE THERAPY
– a remarkable and much-less obtrusive alternative to CPAP treatment for sleep apnea. The oral appliance is a small, custom-fit device, much like a retainer, that gently shifts the lower jaw forward slightly to open up your airway. It’s such a simple solution to help you sleep better and enjoy life again.
DON’T SUFFER. SLEEP BETTER!
If you think you or someone you love may suffer from sleep apnea, let Lighthouse Dental help.
Visit www.LighthouseDental.net/Sleep to take a short online screening quiz. Then learn how Dr. Lu can help you end sleep apnea and sleep better.
Call (360) 576-3570 to learn more and schedule an appointment.